Seabrook – History

 

Due to the expanding population at Seabrook in the late 19th century, the Rector and churchwardens of St. Martin’s Church Cheriton negotiated the purchase of a piece of land fronting on to the Seabrook Road in 1883. A mission hall and house were built at a cost of £1100 and the hall was initially used as a community centre at weekend and until 1897 a school during the week.

The hall was closed in May 2019 and sold at auction on 10th September 2019.


© 2013 Cheriton Churches